Wingers handed chance to impress
Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni will give young wingers James McClean and Robbie Brady another chance to prove themselves against Greece on Wednesday night.
The Sunderland player and his Manchester United counterpart will start the friendly at the Aviva Stadium in a four-man midfield which also includes Glenn Whelan and James McCarthy.
However, Norwich playmaker Wes Hoolahan will have to make do with a seat on the bench with Trapattoni having indicated he will be involved in the second half.
Everton's Seamus Coleman will line up at right-back, Stephen Ward on the left with Ciaran Clark partnering skipper John O'Shea in the middle in front of keeper Keiren Westwood, while Simon Cox and Shane Long will start up front.
Team: Keiren Westwood; Seamus Coleman, John O'Shea (Capt), Ciaran Clark, Stephen Ward; Robbie Brady, Glenn Whelan, James McCarthy, James McClean; Simon Cox, Shane Long.
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Copter tragedy cops plagued by prankster
- MP meeting in bid to get to bottom of booze plans