Woman, 18, charged over baby death
An 18-year-old woman has been charged with causing the death of a four-month-old baby girl, Scotland Yard said.
She is due to appear in custody charged with causing the death of a child and the wilful neglect of three children, which includes the dead baby, a t Thames Magistrates' Court in east London tomorrow.
The baby had been taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service, from an address in Bow, east London, on Friday.
The LAS contacted the police due to the condition of the girl in hospital at 5.30pm. She was dead by 5.45pm.
Officers, led by detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, launched an investigation in to the circumstances of her death.
The woman, who has not been named by the police, was arrested yesterday and later charged.
A post mortem has yet to take place.
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'
- UPDATE - Chancellor personally thanks JCB workers after jobs announcement