Woman in court on murder charge
A woman will appear in court tomorrow charged with murder after a man's body was found at a flat.
Police were called to the property in Hartshill Road, Stoke-on-Trent just before 3pm on Monday after paramedics responding to reports that a man had collapsed found a body.
Samantha Adeokun, 40, from Albert Street, Silverdale, near Newcastle-under-Lyme, was arrested and will appear before magistrates on Boxing Day, Staffordshire Police said.
The man was named as 42-year-old Peter Davegun, who lived at the address. Specially-trained officers are supporting his family.
A post-mortem examination yesterday revealed Mr Davegun died from a "significant blunt force assault", police said.
- Boys to men: Frazer Clarke and Zach Parker eye ABAs glory in Liverpool
- SLIDESHOW: Solid start for TAG Racing and Buildbase BMW Motorrad at Brands Hatch
- Rolleston 3rds open up with a win in Six South but Trentside 2nds fall to a nine-wicket defeat to A&B
- Barton fireworks ensure a successful run chase
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- 'I was trying to get out of it' says banned driver in Facebook posts
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business