Woman in court on murder charge
A woman will appear in court today charged with murder after a man's body was found at a flat.
Police were called to the property in Hartshill Road, Stoke-on-Trent just before 3pm on Monday after paramedics responding to reports that a man had collapsed found a body.
Samantha Adeokun, 40, from Albert Street, Silverdale, near Newcastle-under-Lyme, was arrested and will appear before North Staffordshire magistrates, Staffordshire Police said.
The man was named as 42-year-old Peter Davegun, who lived at the address. Specially-trained officers are supporting his family.
A post-mortem examination on Christmas Eve revealed Mr Davegun died from a "significant blunt force assault", police said.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads