Woman in court on murder charge
A woman will appear in court today charged with murder after a man's body was found at a flat.
Police were called to the property in Hartshill Road, Stoke-on-Trent just before 3pm on Monday after paramedics responding to reports that a man had collapsed found a body.
Samantha Adeokun, 40, from Albert Street, Silverdale, near Newcastle-under-Lyme, was arrested and will appear before North Staffordshire magistrates, Staffordshire Police said.
The man was named as 42-year-old Peter Davegun, who lived at the address. Specially-trained officers are supporting his family.
A post-mortem examination on Christmas Eve revealed Mr Davegun died from a "significant blunt force assault", police said.
- 'Vital A38 changes have to happen or drivers will die' says Burton's MP
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- Cabinet posts for rebels after helping to oust council leader
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- Former leader responds to ousting as rebels deny they acted out of revenge
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review