Woman remanded on boy murder charge
A woman has appeared in court charged with murdering a two-year-old boy.
Angela Vane, 40, appeared before magistrates in Torquay, charged with the murder of Shaun Riley O'Neill, who is understood to be her son.
Vane, of Champernowne in Modbury, Plymouth, spoke only to confirm her name, age and date of birth.
Wearing a beige cardigan and a striped top, the fair-haired defendant wept throughout the two-minute hearing, flanked by two female security guards.
She was remanded in custody to appear at Plymouth Crown Court on Wednesday.
She is expected to enter a plea in April, the court heard.
Police were called to Champernowne at 8am on Saturday following a report to officers.
- Final ball drama sees Dunstall hold leaders Swarkestone as Scott Elstone stars with bat and ball
- Lullington Park and Ticknall draw positives after rain woe
- Burton Albion face Sheffield United again, while Derby County travel to Oldham in Capital One Cup first round
- Johnny Russell challenged to emulate Craig Bryson at Derby County
- Queen's defends having sales staff in maternity ward
- Travellers move in at town leisure centre
- POLL: 'Unglamorous' Burton is becoming a holiday hotspot
- Absent councillor treating residents with contempt, claims parish council
- Nine taken to hospital following A38 smash
- Stanhope closure causes cop chaos