Wounded man faces fake gun charge
A man who was shot and wounded by police has been charged with possession of an imitation firearm, Scotland Yard said.
Gheorghe Anitoaie, 43, of no fixed address, will appear in custody at Thames Magistrates Court, east London on Monday, charged with possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
Officers were called to Hale End Road in Walthamstow, east London, just after 8.15pm on Tuesday after receiving reports that a man was seen with a handgun.
The Yard said officers attended within nine minutes of the calls and challenged a man who was subsequently shot by police and left with wounds to his arms.
The man was arrested after being taken to hospital for treatment. Police said earlier that he had been discharged from hospital and taken into custody.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission is investigating the circumstances.
- Council chiefs call for safety talks with taxi drivers
- Mother 'gobsmacked' at having to pay for lost property
- Head speaks out on school's fine system
- Dog owner in court after woman attacked
- Messy dog owners hit with hefty fines
- Multi-million pound A50 plan will 'improve road safety and ease conjestion'