ORGANISERS behind one of the biggest live music events on the local calendar are confident it will return this year after being thrown into doubt following opposition from the police.
Glastutbury bosses have been holding talks with Staffordshire Police over the last three weeks as they desperately seek to gain approval to stage the show.
Police chiefs blocked the original application following drink-fuelled disorder last year.
Boards advertising the event, which has been staged at the Richard Wakefield Primary School, in Tutbury, for the last five years, can already be seen around Burton, despite no confirmation that it will actually go ahead.
But Richard Woodberry, who is in charge of organising the extravaganza, is confident the police’s approval is just a formality and the event will return on July 5.
He said: “The application has gone in and we’re hopeful it will go ahead as planned.”
Staffordshire Police’s licensing department said talks had gone well and organisers had taken their advice on board.