Login Register

Major damage caused by blaze at car smash salon

By Burton Mail  |  Posted: November 18, 2013

15/11/13 Fire - Style Me Chic, , Brizlincote Valley Fire at Style Me Chic Hair and Beauty Salon in Brizlincote Valley

Comments (0)

A STAPENHILL hair and beauty salon has been badly damaged by fire – the second major incident at the premises in the past six months.

Firefighters from Burton were called to Style Me Chic, in Beaufort Court, at the top of Brizlincote Valley, after an electrical fault started the blaze shortly before 8pm on Friday.

A spokesman for the business told the Mail its owners were shaken up.

A witness who was working at the nighbouring Tesco Express store on the evening of the incident said: “It smelled awful, it was definitely a scent of burning plastic.

“I did feel sorry for the owners.

“Our store wasn’t really affected, though we did close briefly to make sure everything was safe.

“We went outside and there was smoke billowing out of the upstairs window of the salon.”

The salon spent thousands of pounds replacing the glass frontage of the premises in April this year, after a learner driver had ploughed through its newly renovated frontage. The smash caused the official opening of the salon to be delayed by three weeks.

The shop is currently boarded up due to smoke and water damage, and will be closed until further notice.

A spokesman for Style Me Chic said via Facebook: “Due to a fire taking place at our salon, we are not going to be open for a while.

“We are sorry about this and will keep you all updated soon.”

Read more from Burton Mail

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters