All the fun of the fair
Revellers of all ages packed High Street, Lichfield Stret, New Street and Market Place after the two-day extravaganza's official opening at noon yesterday by the Mayor and Mayoress of East Staffordshire, Cedric and Fay Insley.
All the fun of the fair - operated by Pat Collins Fun Fairs for more than a century - was due to continue today.
The Statutes Fair is the modern day successor to the three-day fairs celebrating the town's granting of a Market Charter by King John in the early 13th Century.
- Hospital chiefs reveal £1m cost of free parking
- Religious leaders back petition on food poverty as new data shows sharp rise in handouts
- Father 'gutted' over primary school choice
- Taxi price hike plans help out hard-up drivers
- Call for answers after mental health travel support axed
- Driving ban plea falls on deaf ears as man faces losing business