All the fun of the fair
Revellers of all ages packed High Street, Lichfield Stret, New Street and Market Place after the two-day extravaganza's official opening at noon yesterday by the Mayor and Mayoress of East Staffordshire, Cedric and Fay Insley.
All the fun of the fair - operated by Pat Collins Fun Fairs for more than a century - was due to continue today.
The Statutes Fair is the modern day successor to the three-day fairs celebrating the town's granting of a Market Charter by King John in the early 13th Century.
- TV licence prosecutions are 'unfair on the poor'
- New borough leader proposes council tax freeze
- 'Rules there for a reason', parking fine couple told
- £15k taxpayer cash used for judicial review
- Drivers say they've had enough of the potholes blighting Burton's roads
- Make sure you put your bin away or you might be given a fine