BUDDING cake bakers will get a chance to showcase their creations at a special ‘bake off’ in South Derbyshire.
The National Forest food and drink fair will take place from 11am to 4pm on Sunday, October 13.
Alongside the chance for members of the public to try to wow judges with a host of culinary creations, a number of other attractions will be on offer at the event being held at The Glade, Rosliston Forestry Centre.
Becky Brooks, director of Abracadabra Baked Creations, which is organising the bake off, said: “This will be a great event.
“We are looking to capitalise on the nation’s newfound love of baking and this is why we have decided to organise the baking competitions.
“In terms of the bake off there will be two categories – signature cake competition and a cupcake competition.
“We will be asking all people who want to enter the bake off to pay a £3 fee to enter.”
The event will also feature:
• A farmers’ market showcasing food and drink producers from The National Forest and beyond
• Cookery demonstrations with live masterclasses from experts
• Food tasting – sampling cheese, chocolate, wine and other food and drink
• National Forest cupcake artwork will allow people to view an amazing edible collage by local schoolchildren made entirely from cupcakes
• Free fruit tree giveaway – people can register at the event for a young native fruit or nut tree; and
• Children’s activities, including face painting, adventure playground and crazy golf.
Mrs Brooks said: “All we need now is for people to go online to enter for the bake off and for people to turn up on the day and have a really good time.
“It is such a nice setting and it will have lots of different aspects, so there should be a little something for absolutely everyone.”
More information is available by visiting www.roslistonforestrycentre.co.uk/events or calling 01283 563 483
Anyone who wold like to take part in the ‘bake off’ should visit www.abracadabracakes.co.uk