08:00 Friday 12 October 2012

Fifth application goes in for new homes plan

Written byKATIE BOWLER

THE man behind controversial plans for a new housing development said if his fifth application is refused he will ‘fight it all the way’.

Saxon Street, Stapenhill
Saxon Street, Stapenhill

David Willars has resubmitted plans to East Staffordshire Borough Council to build four detached, two-storey homes and a detached garage block on wasteland at the rear of 53 Saxon Street, Stapenhill.

Planners have already refused four previous applications, ruling that the houses planned for the 1,500sq m site would have an ‘overbearing impact’ on neighbouring properties.

Mr Willars, from Tamworth, told the Mail that he has made ‘necessary modifications’ to the plans so the new homes would not be overlooking existing homes.

“Last time the application was refused solely because the windows would have overlooked residents in Rosliston Road.

“This is exactly the same application as before, but with slight modifications to where the windows would be positioned on the homes — so there shouldn’t be a problem now.

“I will simply appeal it if my plans are refused again. I’m prepared to fight it all the way this time — but we’ll see what happens for now.”

David Dent, whose Saxon Close home overlooks the site and who has previously led successful campaigns against the development, said he and his neighbours were also ‘ready for round five’.

He said: “Everyone is totally surprised that the applicant keeps submitting these plans. It must be costing him a lot of money.

“As far as we’re concerned there’s no way we are going to let children be killed in our street and this is what will happen if planning is granted because the access to the site is so dangerous.

“It really is an accident waiting to happen and we are not going to sit around and do nothing about it.”

< Back
Reddit Facebook Digg Del.icio.us Twitter Bebo

Latest News

Latest Sport

Today's Features