HUNDREDS of workers at a coffee factory in South Derbyshire had to be evacuated following a fire in a warehouse today.
Fire crews from Burton, Tutbury and Kingsway in Derby, were called to the incident at the Nestle factory in Hatton at 11.24am.
The incident involved a small fire in the switching gear of a substation inside a warehouse on the Marston Lane site.
Firefighters used a Carbon Dioxide extinguisher and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze and also ventilated the property.
A spokesman for Nestle said the fire was caused after a ‘non-essential piece of machinery overheated’.
She said: “We can confirm that the fire brigade were called out to the factory this morning after a non-essential piece of machinery overheated.
“Our policy is to automatically evacuate the building and call the fire service. The fire service were able to put out the small fire and staff returned to work.
“Production will be back to normal later today as we replace the part.”