WORK has started on rebuilding a bungalow gutted by fire last year.
Firefighters were called to the detached dorma bungalow in Ashby Road, Winshill, in July last year, where a family of four were evacuated.
The outbreak was so severe that fire crews were unable to enter the building.
Part of the roof collapsed, causing substantial damage to the first floor, and the ground floor also suffered smoke damage.
The fire started accidentally in the roof space of the bungalow in an incident that was linked to workmen who had been on site earlier in the day.
It quickly got out of control and flames could be seen leaping from the top of the building.
Repair work had previously been carried out on the roof and it was believed equipment used may have set the building alight, and spread through the roof.