THE fire service has issued a warning to residents in Burton about the dangers posed by candles, after they were found to be the cause of two fires in Staffordshire in the past week.
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to incidents on Friday and Monday, in Silverdale and Stafford, after candles were found to have sparked blazes at both addresses.
Following the incidents fire chiefs were keen for people to be aware of the dangers caused by candles and have urged people to take care when using them in the house.
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service station manager Phil Smith said: “We would urge anyone using candles to ensure that they are in appropriate holders and are not placed on top of TVs or close to any combustible materials, such as curtains or bedding.
“We would also advise that candles are never left unattended and are extinguished before leaving the room or going to bed.”