INSPIRED by Nigella Lawson and her love for reginette pasta, this pretty dish looks decadent but is actually deliciously healthy.
The beetroot sauce turns the pasta a pretty pink hue, while the rocket adds a splash of green and a fresh crispness.
And if you fancy something a bit more indulgent, try dressing the salad prior to adding the pasta and topping it off with Parmesan shavings.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
280g Reginette pasta
2 cloves garlic
1 pack cooked beetroot - choose from Sweet Chilli or Red Wine Vinegar and Orange Blossom Honey infused beetroot from the infused beetroot ready-to-eat range.
2tsp olive oil
200ml low fat sour cream
2 large handfuls rocket
Small bunch Chives, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
To serve: (optional)
Your favourite salad dressing or a drizzle of oil
1. Boil a kettle of water, pour into a large saucepan and bring back to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking roughly chop the shallots, garlic and beetroot. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the shallots for 5-6 minutes until they start to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Take off the heat and add the beetroot and sour cream to the pan. Blend the mixture using a hand blender or food processor to a coarse sauce. Taste and season well with salt and black pepper
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan. Pour the warm sauce over the pasta and toss to coat the pasta well. In a separate bowl dress the rocket with a little oil or your favourite dressing (optional).
5. Scatter a little rocket over each plate then top with the beetrooty pasta. Drizzle over any sauce left in the pan and sprinkle over the chives. Top with the remaining rocket and a few shavings of parmesan (optional).
For more recipe inspiration log on to www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
Infused beetroot ready-to-eat range is available in major retailers.
Flavours include: Spicy Sweet and Fiery Beetroot (Tesco Finest), Sweet Chilli Rosebud Beetroot (M&S), Red Wine Vinegar and Orange Blossom Honey Beetroot (M&S), Sweetfire® Beetroot Wedges (Waitrose), Juniper and Black Pepper in Red Wine Vinegar Baby Beetroot (Morrison’s), Lime Zest Baby Beetroot (Waitrose), Juniperberry and Black Pepper Cocktail, Beetroot (Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference), Sweetflame Beetroot (Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference), Honey & Ginger Baby Beetroot (Asda).