FANS of 80s and 90s music icons Bon Jovi are hoping to raise thousands of pounds for a hospice by performing across 26 venues over three nights.
Bon Jovi UK, which features Swadlincote’s Nigel Atkins in the role of frontman Jon Bon Jovi, as well as Bob Billings, from Burton, on guitar, will get pubs and bars rocking all Burton, South Derbyshire and North West Leicestershire in 15-minute slots from Friday, May 2 to Sunday, May 3.
The ‘Jovithon’ is in aid of Rainbows Hospice, in Loughborough, which cares for terminally ill and disabled youngsters in the area.
Here is a list of some of the venues and times that the band will play:
• Friday– 6.45pm - The Elms, in Stapenhill;
• 7.15pm - Blacksmiths Arms, in Branston;
• 7.45pm – Wetmore Whistle, in Burton;
• 8.15pm– The Sump, in Winshill;
• 8.45pm – Wyggeston Hotel, in Burton;
• 9.30pm – The Catchems, in Swadlincote;
• 10pm – Drum & Monkey, in Castle Gresley;
• 10.30pm – Bird in Hand, in Measham;
• 11.20pm – The White Hart, in Ashby;
• Saturday - 6pm - Horseshoe, in Tatenhill;
• 7pm - Royal Oak, in Burton;
•7.45pm - Green Man, in Willington;
• 8.15pm - Red Lion, in Repton;
• 8.45pm - Swan Inn, in Milton;
• 9.15pm - Lamb Inn, in Melbourne;
• 10pm - Black Lion, in Blackfordby;
• 10.30pm - Railway Inn, in Swadlincote; and
• 11.20pm - The Greyhound - Woodville.
It will also stop at several more venues to complete the event on the Sunday. More information is available by visiting www.bonjoviuk.com