Login Register
 °

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service release safety warning after four kitchen fires in two weeks.

By Burton Mail  |  Posted: July 26, 2014

Comments (0)

A UNUSUALLY high number of kitchen fires has sparked concerns at Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service.

The service has released a warning following four fires in Staffordshire in the space of just two weeks.

Often caused by chip pans or other cooking devices that have been left unattended the fires, according to the service, are 'easily avoidable'.

A spokesman said: "Unfortunately these types of incidents are not uncommon and can have devastating and potentially life-threatening consequences.

"There are some very simple steps that can be followed in order to avoid being the victim of a kitchen fire. The most important thing to remember is to never leave cooking unattended.

"The vast majority of kitchen fires break out when people are cooking food and it is left unattended. It either over-heats, or fat residue that has been left on appliances.

"We would urge people to avoid using chip pans – instead opt for a thermostat controlled electric deep fat fryer."

Read more from Burton Mail

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES