Turkey drumsticks make for an inexpensive, flavoursome family roast
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving: 390 cals, 8.4g fat, 1.6g saturates, 11.6g sugars, 0.29g salt
You will need:
2 x 650g Sainsbury’s basics turkey drumsticks
1 bulb garlic, broken into unpeeled cloves
250ml white wine
2tbsp olive oil
2tsp dried oregano
Zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon, plus 2 extra unwaxed lemons, cut into wedges
750g new potatoes, halved
2tbsp clear honey
2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4.
2. Cut three slashes in each drumstick and put in a large roasting tin with the garlic and half the wine.
3. ln a small bowl, mix together the oil, oregano and lemon zest and juice. Spoon over the turkey and use your hands to rub the mixture into the skin and cuts. Cover with foil and roast for one hour.
4. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
5. Take the tin out of the oven and scatter the lemon and potatoes around the turkey.
6. Pour the remaining wine into the roasting tin and brush the drumsticks with the honey.
7. Return to the oven, uncovered, and roast for 45 mins until the turkey is cooked and the potatoes tender.
8. Serve with the parsley.
Recipe take from Roast Recipe Collection by Sainsbury’s, priced £5.
Offer: Two for £7 promotion on Sainsbury’s own brand cookery books starting today until Sunday, February 11.