BRITISH Sandwich Week takes place from May 11-17 and is a great opportunity to celebrate one of our best-loved fast foods – the great British sandwich.
This delicious club sandwich is made with crispy bacon, cucumber, tomatoes and chicken, topped with Hellmann's mayonnaise, for a VIP taste.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Total: 12 minutes
You will need:
6 slices of bread
4 dollops Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise
4 slices cooked chicken breast
¼ head iceberg lettuce
2 sliced tomatoes
¼ sliced cucumber
4 rashers crispy bacon
1. Toast the bread. Spread mayonnaise on 2 slices of toasted bread.
2. Top with some lettuce, tomato, cucumber and a slice of chicken.
3. Add a new slice of bread on top of the chicken and spread with some mayonnaise.
4. Place the lettuce, tomato, cucumber and crispy bacon on the bread.
5. Finally place the second slice of toasted bread on top of the bacon.
6. Cut the sandwiches into two diagonal pieces and insert cocktail sticks to hold the club sandwich together.
Serve with crudites