A former Burton worker on trial for planning an Islamic State-style terrorist attack sent his co-accused a video of a man singing about Osama Bin Laden and the Twin Towers 2001 massacre, a court has heard.
Munir Mohammed, who worked 12-hour days packing ready meals at Burton’s Kerry Foods factory, is on trial at the Old Bailey in London accused of planning an IS-type terrorist attack on Britain.
A series of conversations between Mohammed and his co-defendant, Rowaida El-Hassan, who the court has heard he met on a Muslim dating website, were read out to the jury.
The trial heard Mohammed of Leopold Street, Normanton, Derby, sent El-Hassan Islamic State videos of killings and a suicide car bombing. Jurors were told she sent him a link to a news story about the Orlando nightclub shooting which killed 49 people in 2016.
On April 2, 2016, the court heard, Mohammed sent El-Hassan an IS video called "We destroyed Belgium".
Prosecutor Anne Whyte told the court: "A man (in the video) sings about Osama Bin Laden, claiming that by blowing up the twin towers he (Bin Laden) has terrorised the US."
The court heard he sent other videos which included a jihadi song and an IS video showing a suicide car bombing.
The court also heard another video of the beheading of men accused of "aiding anti Islamic State powers" was sent to her by Mohammed.
The Old Bailey heard Mohammed sent El-Hassan, of Willesden Lane, north-west London, a WhatsApp message which said: "I have sent you a video in this image, let her watch it. It has the answer to everything. Burning, slaughtering or something similar."
The trial has previously heard that the pair, who are of Sudanese origin, had met through a website called singlemuslim.com.
On April 8, she sent him a message saying: "I'm at my mom's house", the court heard. He said: "I miss you."
The pair also exchanged phone calls. Not long after one, Ms Whyte said El-Hassan sent Mohammed a message to say she would change her number tomorrow. He replied: “Why is that?”
Ms Whyte said El Hassan said: “I won’t be able to speak to you again, so excuse me and wish you good health and may God look after you.”
Ms Whyte said Mohammed sent messages which said “what’s up with you?” and “stop being childish”.
She said the pair got back in touch and on May 28, the court heard, she sent Mohammed a message which said: "I love you."
She sent the message about the Orlando nightclub shooting in June. The court heard they had 81 calls between them in that month.
After sending the link, the court heard El-Hassan said: "They say a guy from Isis killed 50 people in America."
Jurors were told Mohammed’s response was: "Yes, gays."
The trial also heard she had made internet searches which included "ISIS conquest of Rome" and "Honour is Jihad".
Mohammed, 36, and El-Hassan, 33, are accused of preparing terrorist acts between November 2015 and December 2016. Both deny the charge. The trial continues.