**Entry to the Burton Mail Business Awards is free; entry form can be downloaded here **
Businesses across Burton and South Derbyshire are being urged not to miss out on the possibility of becoming a Burton Mail award winner.
The eighth Burton Mail Business Awards is on course to be the best yet, and event director Dave Bryon is urging firms in the area not to miss out on the benefits of being named a winner.
There are 11 awards up for grabs, including the prestigious Business of the Year title. Last year, the top award was won by Foston-based TwoTwenty.
Mr Bryon said: "Every single year we are overwhelmed by the level of applications we have in from across East Staffordshire and South Derbyshire.
"Last year we had an exceptional mix of up and coming firms to major players who have all left their mark on the area. Due to the major success of the awards in 2016, the phone has been ringing off the hook with people looking to find out just when they could be involved with Burton Mail Business Awards 2017.
"We urge firms of all shapes and sizes to enter one or more of the categories to be in with a chance of winning big come the awards night."
The winners will be announced at a glittering gala awards ceremony to be held on Thursday, October 19, which will again be held at Burton Albion’s Pirelli Stadium.
There are several categories in the Business Awards aimed at individuals, including the Young Employee of the Year award and Employee of the Year award.
This year also sees the introduction of two new awards – Medium Business of the Year (21-100 FTEs) and the Leisure and Hospitality Award, which incorporates everything from retail to restaurants.
Firms have until September 8 to enter and can enter as many categories as they wish.
Burton Mail editor Emma Turton said: "Everyone at the Burton Mail looks forward to this annual celebration of all that is great about business in East Staffordshire and South Derbyshire. This is the eighth year of the awards and every year we have seen success story after success story walk away as winners – 2017 will be no different.
"The interest in the awards has been incredible and a wide variety of firms from across the area are excited about putting themselves forward. We cannot wait to shout about all that is good about the best of the best when it comes to business in East Staffordshire. I would now urge all businesses to get involved and be part of the Burton Mail Business Awards 2017."
You can enter the awards here
Categories and sponsors:
- Overall Business of the Year – sponsored by Dains Accountants.
- Employer of the Year – sponsored by Clinigen.
- Employee of the Year – sponsored by WT Parker.
- Young Employee of the Year – sponsored by Burton and South Derbyshire College.
- Most Promising New Start-Up Business – sponsored by Burton
- and District Chamber of Commerce.
- Small Business of the Year (one to 20 FTEs) – sponsored by Else Solicitors.
- Medium Business of the Year (21 to 100 FTEs) – sponsored by Molson
- Best Customer Service Performance – sponsored by Yee Group.
- Manufacturer / Re-Manufacturer of the Year – sponsored by The Greenbank Group.
- Technology and Innovation Award – sponsored by JCB.
- Leisure and Hospitality Award – sponsored by Hardy Signs.
- Headline sponsors – South Derbyshire District Council and East Staffordshire Borough Council.
- Awards evening sponsor – Swinton Business.