A BURTON sports club has received top marks for its food hygiene practice by East Staffordshire Borough Council.
Shobnall Sports and Social Club in Shobnall Road, received the ‘very good’ rating after being inspected on February 11.
The report showed that there were no issues relating to food hygiene, including both the storage of food, or food used which was considered to be out of date, meaning that the club was adhering to its statutory obligations.
However inspectors did note some minor contraventions. This included food debris found in the microwave in the kitchen and as a result five hazard points were recorded. However, staff were compliant and cleaned it immediately and agreed to make sure it will be kept in a clean condition in future.
In addition, council staff carrying out the inspection noted that the floor required cleaning.
A statement in the report read: “The kitchen floor felt sticky in near the fryers and there were patches of dirt by the back door at the floor/wall junction.
“You must thoroughly clean the floor and maintain it in a clean condition.”
The report stated that staff were also asked to address this immediately.
There were also no issues raised by council inspectors regarding confidence in the management and control procedures.
The club, which is open on weekday evenings and throughout the day on weekends, offers both food and drinks to those taking part in activities.
The score was published on the Rate My Place website, which is a scheme designed to publicise the hygiene standards and cleanliness of any business or organisation which provides food on sale to the public.
When the Mail approached the club for a comment on the top marks being awarded, nobody was available for comment.