**Entry to the Burton Mail Business Awards is free; entry form can be downloaded here **
The Burton Mail Business Awards are back for an eighth year and we are searching for the very best companies, employees and ideas from across East Staffordshire and South Derbyshire.
There are 11 awards to be won, including the prestigious Business of the Year, and firms can enter as many categories as they wish.
This year sees the introduction of two new awards – Medium Business of the Year (21-100 FTEs) and the Leisure and Hospitality Award, which incorporates everything from retail to rest a u r a n t s.
Businesses of all shapes and sizes have until Friday, September 8, to get their entries submitted and then they will be reviewed and evaluated by the judging panel before a shortlist is drawn up.
The three finalists in each category will then be visited by the judges before a final decision is made. The winners will be announced at an unmissable gala night held at Burton Albion’s Pirelli Stadium on Thursday, October 19.
Last year, bespoke staircase creator and Foston-based TwoTwenty scooped Business of the Year. Burton Mail editor Emma Turton said: "Everyone at the Mail looks forward to this annual celebration of all that is great about business in East Staffordshire and South Derbyshire.
"This is the eighth year of the awards and every year we have seen success story after success story walk away as winners – 2017 will be no different. The interest in the awards has been incredible and a wide variety of firms from across the area are excited about putting themselves forward.
"We cannot wait to shout about all what is good about the best of the best when it comes to business in East Staffordshire and South Derbyshire. I would now urge all businesses to get involved and be part of the Burton Mail Business Awards 2017."
You can enter the awards here
Categories and sponsors:
- Overall Business of the Year – sponsored by Dains Accountants.
- Employer of the Year – sponsored by Clinigen.
- Employee of the Year – sponsored by WT Parker.
- Young Employee of the Year – sponsored by Burton and South Derbyshire College.
- Most Promising New Start-Up Business – sponsored by Burton
- and District Chamber of Commerce.
- Small Business of the Year (one to 20 FTEs) – sponsored by Else Solicitors.
- Medium Business of the Year (21 to 100 FTEs) – sponsored by Molson
- Best Customer Service Performance – sponsored by Yee Group.
- Manufacturer / Re-Manufacturer of the Year – sponsored by The Greenbank Group.
- Technology and Innovation Award – sponsored by JCB.
- Leisure and Hospitality Award – sponsored by Hardy Signs.
- Headline sponsors – South Derbyshire District Council and East Staffordshire Borough Council.
- Awards evening sponsor – Swinton Business.