**Entry to the Burton Mail Business Awards is free; entry form can be downloaded here **
Customer feedback will be key for firms looking to come out on top in one category at the Burton Mail Business Awards.
Yee Group Ltd is sponsoring the Best Customer Service Performance Award and will be looking closely for firms of all shapes and sizes which offer an outstanding level of customer service.
The award is handed to a company which has delivered an outstanding level of customer service for clients and/or customers in the past 12 months.
The judges will pay particular attention to feedback and surveys from customers and clients, especially where these have been unprompted.
Particular emphasis will be placed on customer service which goes above and beyond that expected by the customer or client relative to the service, product and sector.
Yee Group managing director Simon Chapman said: "Yee Group is delighted to be sponsoring the Best Customer Service Performance Award again this year. After trading for more than 30 years, customer service and quality are at the heart of everything we do."
There are 11 awards to be won, including the prestigious Business of the Year title, at this year's eighth annual Burton Mail Business Awards.
The winners will be announced at a glittering gala awards ceremony on Thursday, October 19, which will again be held at Burton Albion's Pirelli Stadium.
There are several categories in the Business Awards that are aimed at individuals including the Young Employee of the Year award and Employee of the Year award.
This year also sees the introduction of another new award – the Leisure and Hospitality Award, which incorporates everything from retail to restaurants. Firms have until September 8 to enter and can enter as many categories as they wish.
Burton Mail editor Emma Turton said: "We have been wowed by the high calibre of entries so far this year. The entries have already been flying in for the awards this year and the interest around the two new categories has particularly stood out.
"I would urge businesses from across East Staffordshire and South Derbyshire to make sure they get involved and make sure they are part of the business event of the year. And if customer service is your forte then this award is the one for you."
You can enter the awards here
Categories and sponsors:
- Overall Business of the Year – sponsored by Dains Accountants.
- Employer of the Year – sponsored by Clinigen.
- Employee of the Year – sponsored by WT Parker.
- Young Employee of the Year – sponsored by Burton and South Derbyshire College.
- Most Promising New Start-Up Business – sponsored by Burton
- and District Chamber of Commerce.
- Small Business of the Year (one to 20 FTEs) – sponsored by Else Solicitors.
- Medium Business of the Year (21 to 100 FTEs) – sponsored by Molson
- Best Customer Service Performance – sponsored by Yee Group.
- Manufacturer / Re-Manufacturer of the Year – sponsored by The Greenbank Group.
- Technology and Innovation Award – sponsored by JCB.
- Leisure and Hospitality Award – sponsored by Hardy Signs.
- Headline sponsors – South Derbyshire District Council and East Staffordshire Borough Council.
- Awards evening sponsor – Swinton Business.