A pan left on a hob caused at fire at a flat in Burton. It has led to firefighters reminding people in East Staffordshire to never leave cooking unattended after being called out.
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service had to send two crews from Burton to Dallow Street, in Shobnall, at 9.53pm yesterday, Monday, July 31, to reports of smoke coming from a flat.
When they arrived they had to get in to the flat through an open ground floor window and found a pan which had been left on an oven hob. The crews had to move the pan. They found there was no-one in the flat when the fire started.
A spokesman for Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service reminded everyone of the dangers of leaving cooking unattended following the Burton fire.