A kitchen has been severely damaged by smoke following a fire in a home in Ashby. Firefighters from Ashby and Swadlincote fire stations attended the incident at 12.36pm on Saturday, September 16, after the kitchen in a semi-detached bungalow caught fire.
The fire service forced their way into the home via a locked door. They wore two breathing apparatus and used one hose used to extinguish fire.
A ventilation fan was used to ventilate property and the incident was closed at 1.16pm.
There was 20 per cent fire damage to the kitchen along with smoke damage and there was moderate smoke in the rest of the property. The cause was revealed to be accidental.
Firefighters released a warning allowing the blaze to say that smoke alarms were fitted and working at this property, and asked people to test their own smoke alarms.