A fire broke out at a popular Midway pub last night causing damage to the kitchen, Thursday, August 31.
It happened at the Wheel Inn and started in a wheelie bin outside the venue. It spread to the kitchen, which was closed today due to the damage.
An eye witness has told how there was smoke pouring from the top of the pub as firefighters were on the roof fighting the fire.
He said: "I was just coming back from watching the ice hockey in Nottingham when I saw the blue lights ahead outside the Wheel Inn pub.
"I thought they were police cars and that someone might have been causing trouble but as I got closer I could see they were fire engines and I was really alarmed! It looked really serious.
"Smoke had been pouring from the top of the pub and there were firefighters on on the roof battling what looked like a big fire incident. It looked like something out of a movie! I hope that no-one was injured and that everyone is okay."
The owners of the pub said on Facebook: "We regret to inform you all that, due to a fire here at The Wheel Inn last night, we are unable to serve food until further notice.
"We have sustained quite a lot of damage and the kitchen will need to remain closed until safe to reopen."
Customers have left kind messages to the pair on Facebook offering their support.
Anna Bollington said: "Oh no! As long as you're all OK - a kitchen can be replaced."
Amber Jade Dukes added: "Sorry to hear this. Glad you are all OK though!"
A spokesman for Derbyshire Fire and Rescue said, although the bin where the fire started was outside the Burton Road pub, the fire quickly spread to the building, causing damage to the kitchen.
He said: "We were called out to a bin fire at the Wheel Inn at 11.50pm last night. Crews from Swadlincote and Burton were called to the fire, which was resolved by 12.18am."