The Uttoxeter High Street bollard is out of action once again after sustaining damage smashing into an elderly motorist's car.
The retractable post which stops drivers using the pedestrianised road has now been disabled twice since returning from a three year absence just last month.
Power cuts stopped the metal pole rising just a day after it was reinstated - and council contractors took a week to fix it.
This time the bollard is stuck in the "up" position, rendering delivery drivers needing access to High Street businesses unable to get through.
Now Uttoxeter Town Council, which runs monitoring of the post, is again waiting for maintenance firm ATG to make repairs.
Town clerk Tina Jeffery said: "Unfortunately, it is now wedged in a half-raised position and we can't lower it until ATG have been out to make the repairs. It's certainly had a rough start since it came back, but we've had several members of the public come in and say how lovely it's been to have no traffic around while they shop.
"I've been in touch with the shops who need vehicular access and they've been liaising with the police to find an alternative solution. A couple of people have come in asking us to make sure we carry on with the bollard and, as far as we're concerned, it's not going anywhere in the long run."
The damage was caused shortly after operatives lowered the bollard to allowing a vehicle into High Street. However, the post shot up and smashed into the bottom of a disabled man's bumper as he followed close behind.
It was understood to be at least the second time this has happened since the bollard's return on August 8.
Anyone wishing to drive down High Street should stop at the top of the road to request access by talking into the attached intercom system.
Ms Jefferey said: "First and foremost, I know the driver was an elderly gentleman who was shaken when it happened, so we all hope he is okay. Unfortunately, the signs at the top of the road do state that you should not tailgate into High Street.
"I would urge others to take heed of this as the system automatically detects when one vehicle has gone through and shoots up immediately."
Paramedics assessed and discharged the driver, who said he needed to get to Boots to pick up medication. A recovery team was called out to move his Ford Focus off the bollard.
The bollard was lowered when East Staffordshire Borough Council decided not to fund its monitoring and operation in 2014.
The town council agreed to step to provide the funding earlier this year and Staffordshire County Council is responsible for its maintenance.
Since the bollard returned, High Street can no longer be used as a shortcut between 8am and 6pm. Access to businesses is allowed from 8am to 10am and 4pm to 6pm, as is disabled access.