A £37 million pound theme park is set to open in 2020 - and it's only a little more than an hour's drive from Burton.
Gulliver's Valley theme park will be housed at the former Pithouse West Colliery site close to the Rother Valley Country Park, between Chesterfield and Sheffield, creating 250 jobs.
This will consist of a theme park with rides and attractions all aimed at families with children between the ages of two and 13.
There will also be an indoor water play zone, a climbing centre, a glades attraction and an education and ecology centre with forest classrooms and outdoor learning adventures.
The resort will include family-friendly accommodation in the shape of a glamping, self-catering woodland lodges and the central Lilliput Castle Hotel, according to Derbyshire Live .
A Gully's Dream Village will be included in the development, where children with life threatening illnesses will be given the chance to enjoy some cost-free respite in a special environment unlike any hospital room.
In addition, there will be nature trails, walks, outdoor gyms and woodland runs at Gulliver's Valley, which will all be available to the local community as well as visitors.
The project was given the green light in March 2017 and has been seen as a boost to the wider economy.
Gulliver's has been running attractions for more than 40 years, and has its Gulliver's Kingdom park at Matlock Bath, but says the Pithouse West project is its "most ambitious yet".
Gulliver's managing director Julie Dalton said: "Our Gulliver's Valley development will give the area a huge economic boost as we look to use a local supply chain and bring tourism pounds into the local economy.
"Add to that the number of local jobs it will create – up to 255 full time equivalent posts - and it will be a real positive for the Rother Valley community."
What will the Gulliver's Valley theme park include?
- A theme park designed especially for families.
- An indoor water play zone with no standing water, suitable for all ages and abilities.
- Fantastic themed areas throughout the park to capture imaginations.
- Free-range self catering woodland lodges and tree houses designed to complement the peaceful surroundings.
- A stylish hotel designed as a family venue welcoming business customers and the general public too.
- The opportunity to enjoy one of the only official NERF Zone attractions in Europe.
- Multi-use nature trails open to the community. These trails will connect the resort with the wider Rother Valley.
- One-of-a-kind indoor climbing centre, experience a series of climbing-based adventures all under one roof.
- A woodland adventure centre that introduces an action-packed spectrum of outdoor activities.
- An education and ecology centre including forest classrooms, woodland crafts and outdoor learning adventures.
- Venues will be available for hire for special occasions, business use and group events.
- Outdoor gyms that can be used by everyone, completely free of charge with easy access and ongoing maintenance by the Gulliver’s landscaping team.
Gully's dream village, a community where children with life threatening illnesses can be given the chance to enjoy cost-free respite in a magical environment.